【Pan Fried Mushroom and Meat Dumplings】
Prepare time: 1.5 hours
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: 16 servings
1) 2 & 2/3 cups unsifted all purpose flour (425g), 1 & 1/3 cups whole wheat flour (215g), 3 tsp baking powder;
2) 1 & 3/4 cups lukewarm water (420g), 3 tsp fast rising yeast, 1 tbsp all purpose flour, 1 tsp sugar;
3) 1 tsp corn oil;
4) 360g extra lean ground pork;
5) 10 dried Chinese mushrooms, 20 dried agaricus mushrooms;
6) 1 package of fresh Shimeiji mushrooms (150g), remove rubbery base and rinsed;
7) 2 tsp cooking wine, 2 green onions finely chopped, 1 tsp freshly minced ginger, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp sugar, 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp Yummy House soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp corn starch, 4 tbsp water, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1/6 tsp thirteen scented spice powder or white pepper powder, 1.5 tbsp sesame oil;
7) 4×1 tbsp corn oil, 4×1 cup water.
1: Soak dried Chinese mushrooms and agaricus mushrooms in warm water for 4 hours (Pictures 1 and 2), rinse and set aside.
2. Dough: Combine flour and baking powder of Ingredient 1) in a medium bowl and combine well (Picture 3, right). Mix all ingredients of Ingredient 2) in a container and let stand for 10 minutes (Picture 3, left). Pour the yeast mixture into the flour bowl, and combine to form dough. Add 1 tsp corn oil, and knead for a minute (Picture 4). Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place.
3: Meat filling: Chop all mushrooms into fine pieces (Pictures 5 and 6). Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 4) to 7) in a bowl (Picture 7) and stir with a wooden spoon in one direction for 3 minutes, until the mixture becomes sticky (Picture 8). Cover with food wrap and place in the fridge.
6: Heat 1 tbsp oil over high heat in a non-stick sauté pan. Place 8 dumplings in the pan, add 1 cup water and cover the lid (Picture 12). This allows the dumplings to steam and cook through. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until all the water evaporates. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for another 3 minutes. Reduce to low heat and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and wait for 2 minutes before open the lid. Transfer dumplings to a serving plate and serve immediately. Repeat with the other 16 dumplings.