【Rice with Sausage and Potato】
My son is not fond of plain rice. But he loves this one-pot dish. You can cook this rice dish in a rice cooker, fast, easy and convenient.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
1) 2 lean Chinese sausages (Picture 1);
2) 5 small yellow potatoes (400g), peeled;
3) 1.5 tbsp olive oil, 1.5 tbsp finely chopped green onion, 3-4 slices of fresh ginger;
4) 2 cups long grain rice, 1.25 tsp salt, 3 cups water, 1/6 tsp ground black pepper, ¼ tsp chicken broth mix;
5) 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion.
1: Cut the sausages into thin slices. Dice up potatoes into small pieces (Picture 2). Rinse rice under cold water then drain it.
2: Add 1.5 tbsp olive oil into InstantPot pressure cooker. Press “Sauté” then “Adjust” button to set temperature to “More”, and sauté chopped green onion and ginger slices for a couple of minutes (Picture 3). Add sausages and cook for 1-2 minutes (Picture 4). Then add potatoes and cook for another 1-2 minutes (Picture 5).
3: Add rice and combine well (Picture 6). Then add all ingredients of Ingredient 4) (Picture 7). Cover the lid and place the pressure valve in the “Seal” position. Press “Rice” to start the program.
4: When the InstantPot program is done, wait another 5 minutes. Slowly release the pressure then open the lid. Add 1 tbsp chopped green onion and mix well before serving.