【Honeycomb Raisin Bread】
Although Maomao loves the supper soft honeycomb bread that I previously made, he said it would taste better if it’s a bit sweeter. With added condensed milk and icing sugar filling, this raisin bread tastes so delicious.
Prepare time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Stand time: 2-3 hours
Serves: 16 servings
1) 1 large egg, 105 ml milk (105g), 4 tbsp sugar (55g);
2) 1 & 2/3 cups unsifted all purpose flour (266g), 1.5 tbsp wheat gluten, ½ tsp baking powder, 1.25 tsp fast rising yeast;
3) 1.5 tbsp corn oil;
4) 4 tsp butter, 2 tbsp all purpose flour, 1 tbsp condensed milk, 3 tbsp icing sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract;
5) 2 tbsp raisins;
Bottom crust dip:
6) 1.5 tsp sugar, 1.5 tsp all purpose flour, 2 tsp white sesame seeds;
7) 1 egg yolk, 2 tsp water, whisk into an egg wash;
8) 9″ round non-stick baking pan.
1: Place all ingredients of Ingredient 1) in bread machine , then add all ingredients in Ingredient 2) (Picture 1). Select “Dough” and start program. When the stirring begins, open the lid and quickly add 1.5 tbsp corn oil. Close the lid and let the program continue until finish. The entire process takes about 2 hours.
2: Filling: Melt butter in a microwave oven, add all the rest ingredients in Ingredient 4) (Picture 2), mix well with a small spoon and set aside (Picture 3).
4: Mix all ingredients of Ingredient 6) in a small bowl. Cut each roll in half (Picture 8), Dip the bottom of each half in water, then in the dipping mixture (Picture 9). Arrange all the rolls evenly in a 9″ round non-stick baking pan (Picture 10).
6: Preheat oven at 350F. Brush on a thin layer of egg wash to create a glazed look (Picture 11).
7: Bake for 15-17 minutes until surface turns golden brown (Picture 12). Remove from oven, cool for a few minutes before serving.
Store the leftover honeycomb bread in fridge in an air-tight container. Reheat in microwave oven for about 15 seconds before serving.