【 Beef and Fava Bean Stir Fry】
This mouth-watering stir fry dish combines the tender beef with fava beans in delicious sauce. What a great combination!
Meal type: Beef
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Stand time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5-8 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
1) 330g beef flank steak, 1 tsp cooking wine, 1/3 tsp salt, 1 tsp corn starch, 1 tbsp water;
2) half of an egg white;
3) 130g fully shelled fava beans;
4) 4 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp freshly minced garlic, 1.5 tsp ginger cut into fine matchsticks;
5) 1 tsp cooking wine, ¼ tsp salt, 4 tbsp water, 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tsp premium dark soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1/8 tsp ground white pepper, 1 tbsp soy paste;
6) 1 tsp freshly chopped green onion.
1: Cut beef into 3-mm thin slices (Picture 1). Add the rest of Ingredient 1) (Picture 2) and massage for 1-2 minutes. Stir in half of an egg white, mix well and set aside for 20 minutes.
2: Heat a non-stick sauté pan over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add 3 tbsp olive oil only when the sauté pan is hot. Immediately add the marinated beef (Picture 3), stir fry until beef browns but is still pink in center, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate and set aside (Picture 4).
3: Place the same sauté pan over high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and sauté minced garlic and sliced ginger of Ingredient 4) for a minute (Picture 5). Add shelled fava beans and toss a few times (Picture 6). Add 1 tsp cooking wine, ¼ tsp salt and 4 tbsp water (Picture 7). Continue to cook until water evaporates.
4: Add the rest of Ingredient 5) and mix well (Picture 8). Put in the cooked beef and 1 tsp chopped green onion. Stir a few times then remove from heat. Serve with rice, yummy.