【Pan Fried Scallion Flatbread】
This is one of my family favorite pan fried flatbread, soft inside and crunchy outside. It tastes as delicious as the Italy focaccia bread.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Stand time: 3 hours
Serves: 8 servings
1) 2 cups unsifted all purpose flour (320 g), 1 tsp baking powder;
2) 1 cup minus 1 tbsp lukewarm water (225 g), 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp fast rising yeast, 1 tsp all purpose flour;
3) 1 tsp corn or vegetable oil;
4) 1/2 tsp salt, 1/6 tsp chicken broth mix, 2 tsp sesame oil, 3 tbsp freshly finely chopped green onion, 2 tbsp pork floss;
5) 2 tbsp white sesame seeds;
6) 3 tbsp corn or vegetable oil.
1: Dough: Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 1) in a medium bowl and mix well (Picture 1 Left).
2: Mix all ingredients in Ingredient 2) in a bowl and let stand for 10 minutes (Picture 1 Right). Then pour into flour mixture, combine to form a dough (Picture 2). The dough can be sticky at the moment. Add 1 tsp corn oil and knead for a minute to form a smooth dough (Picture 3). Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place until it doubles in volume (Picture 4).
3: When the dough has risen, place it on a floured surface and knead gently a few times. Roll the dough into a smooth and round ball (Picture 5). Press down and roll out into a flatter circle about 20-cm in diameter. Scatter 1/2 tsp salt, 1/6 tsp chicken broth mix and drizzle 2 tsp sesame oil. Fold the flatter dough a few times to coat evenly (Picture 7).
6: When the flatbread has doubled in volume (Picture 13), place the pan over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes. Turn it over, add 1.5 tbsp oil and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden.