【Sweet and Sour Meatballs】
I use extra lean ground turkey to make these sweet and sour meatballs. This tasty and healthy dish can be served over rice.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
1) 275g extra lean ground turkey;
2) 1 tsp cooking wine, 1/3 tsp salt, ¼ tsp sugar, 1 tbsp premium dark soy sauce, ¼ tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp corn starch, 1.5 tbsp water, 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion, ¼ tsp freshly minced ginger;
3) 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 green onion chopped into 1-inch lengths, 2-3 slices of fresh ginger;
4) 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1.5 tbsp sugar, 4 tbsp water, 1/6 tsp salt;
5) 1 tsp corn starch mixed with 1 tbsp water.
1: Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 1) to 2) in a bowl (Picture 1). Stir with a wooden spoon or a pair of chopsticks in one direction for 3 minutes, until it becomes sticky (Picture 2).
2: Fill a medium pot half to two-thirds full with water. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium. Spoon out about 2 tsp meat and shape it in your palm until it forms a ball. Gently drop into the water (Picture 3). Repeat to make all meatballs. Cook until they float to the surface. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
4: Add meatballs to the sauté pan and stir well. Stir in the starch water and cook until the sauce thickens. Transfer meatballs into a serving bowl and serve immediately.