【Fried meat balls】
I do not make fried food often, but once in a while. These meat balls are delicious, kids would love them.
Cook time: 3×8 minutes
1) 450g extra lean ground pork;
2) Preserved bamboo shorts 1 package (180g), finely chopped;
3) 3 green onions finely chopped, 2g ginger minced;
4) 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper or Chinese thirteen spices mix, 1.5 tbsp corn starch, 1 tbsp sesame oil,;
5) 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 3 tbsp water;
6) 1 cup all-purpose flour;
7) 3 cups corn oil or other oil for frying.
1: Bamboo shorts can be purchased at Chinese grocery store (Picture 1). Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 1) to 5) in a bowl (Picture 2). Stir in one direction for 3 minutes with a pair of chopsticks, until the mixture becomes sticky (Picture 3), set aside.
2: Place 1 cup flour in a plastic bag. Spoon out about 4 tsp meat mixture and shape it in your palm until it forms a ball and place in the flour (Picture 4). When 10 meat balls are done, shake the bag gently and let the meat balls to coat with flour evenly. Dust off excess flour and place the meat balls on a parchment paper (Picture 5), set aside. Finish all meat balls.
3: Add 3 cups corn oil in a medium sauce pot over medium heat. When oil is hot, gently drop 10 meat balls into the hot oil (Picture 6). Deep fry until light golden brown. Take out meat balls (Picture 7), then increase heat to high-medium heat and wait for 30 seconds for oil to become hot again, then put the fried meat balls back to the oil (Picture 8) and fry for another 30-60 seconds until golden brown.
4: Take out the meat balls and drain on paper towel before serving. Repeat for the left 2 batches of meat balls.