Simple and delicious one pot [Chinese sticky rice]
Meal type: Rice, main dish
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Stand time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
1) 1 tbsp dried shrimps, 3 tbsp dried scallops, 2 lean Chinese sausages;
2) 4 dried Chinese mushrooms;
3) 1 cup long grain rice, 1.5 cups sweet rice, 2.5 cups cold water;
4) 1 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil, 1.5 tbsp freshly chopped green onion;
5) 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 2 tbsp light soy sauce;
6) 1 tbsp fresh chopped green onion;
1: Ahead of time, soak dried shrimps, scallops and mushrooms in cold water until soft (Picture 1), drain and set aside. Cut the sausages and mushrooms into thin slices. Rinse rice under cold water then drain it.
2: Add 1 tbsp avocado oil into InstantPot pressure cooker. Press “Sauté” then “Adjust” button to set temperature to “More”, and sauté chopped green onion for a minute. Add sausages, mushrooms, shrimps and scallops, stir and cook for a minute.
3: Add both rice, combine well. Then add 2.5 cups water and all ingredients of Ingredient 5), mix. Cover the lid and place the pressure valve in the “Seal” position. Press “Rice” to start the program.
4: When the InstantPot program is done, wait another 5 minutes. Slowly release the pressure then open the lid. Add 1 tbsp chopped green onion and mix well before serving.