【Taro Shrimp Pancake】
You should try this Taro Shrimp Pancake, very tasty.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2×7 minutes
Serves: 10 servings
1) 2 Shallots (80g), 1tsp avocado oil or other cooking oil;
2) 1 taro (160g), 1 tbsp water;
3) 5 large frozen shrimps (125g);
4) 2 tbsp freshly chopped green onions, 1/3 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 2 tsp premium soy sauce, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tsp sesame oil;
5) ¾ cup glutinous rice flour (75g);
6) ½ cup cold water (120g);
7) 3 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil for pan frying.
1: Remove skin of shallots, rinse with cold water, then chop into small pieces (Picture 1). A frying pan on medium heat, add 1 tsp oil and chopped shallots, stir and cook for about 2-3 min. until soft and light brown, set aside (Picture 2).
2: Peel off the skin of the taro. Cut into pea size (Picture 3). Place chopped taro in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tbsp water, cook for 2 minutes at high power, stir and cook for another 2 minutes until taro pieces fully cooked (Picture 4).
3: Soak frozen shrimps in cold water to defrost. Peel and devein the shrimp, rinse under cold water and drain well. Cut into small pieces (Picture 5).
4: In a medium bowl, combine chopped shrimps, cooked taro pieces, cooked shallots, and all ingredients of Ingredient 4-6) and mix well.
5: Non-stick pan on medium heat, add 1.5 tbsp oil. When oil is hot, add each of 2 tbsp batter at a time and space out (Picture 6). Cook for 3-4 minutes then turn over. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Take out the pancakes and keep warm.
6: Repeat for the other half batter, serve immediately.