Scallion pancake is well loved by Chinese, as a part of breakfast or dinner. This one is very crispy outside and soft layered inside, delicious.
Cook time: 10 minutes
Stand time: 40+10 minutes
1) 1 cup all-purpose flour (160 g), unsifted and packed;
2) 1/3 cup boiling water (80 g), 2 tbsp cold water (30g);
3) 1.5 tsp avocado oil or other cooking oil;
4) ½ tsp cooking oil;
5) 2 tbsp uall-purpose flour (20g), 2 tbsp cooking oil (26g), ½-2/3 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, ¼ tsp ground black pepper;
6) 2-3 tbsp finely chopped green onion (only green part);
7) 2 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil.
Directions see the video (Like this video, please subscribe and click like, thanks!):
1: Dough: Pour boiling water to flour while stirring, add 2 tbsp cold water and then combine to form a dough. Add 1.5 tsp oil, knead for a couple of minutes to form a smooth dough. Drip 0.5 tsp oil over the dough and spread out. Cover with a damp cloth or a lid and set aside stand for 40 minutes.
2: Oil paste: Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 5) in a small container, mix well with a spoon and set aside.
3: On a lightly floured working surface, press the dough to a disc, roll out into very thin circle about 40 cm diameter. Add oil paste and smooth out evenly. Scatter chopped green onion, roll into a log.
4: Roll both ends to the center from opposite direction, fold in half to a disc. Press down and roll out to 25 cm circle.
5: Non-stick pan on medium heat, add 2 tbsp cooking oil. Place the pancake inside, cook for about 4 minutes until golden brown, and then turn over. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Take out the cooked scallion pancake, slice and serve warm. Yummy!!