【Shrimp stuffed Tofu】
Fried Tofu with savory minced shrimp filling, after one bite, you could not stop.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
1) 1 package frozen deveined white shrimps (454g);
2) 4 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tsp freshly mince ginger, 2 tsp corn starch, 1/8 tsp ground white pepper, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp cold water;
3) 1 package tofu puffs (140g);
4) 1 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil, 1 green onion chopped, 5g ginger sliced;
5) 2 table light soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, ½ tsp sugar, 1/6 tsp chicken broth mix, 1 cup water;
6) 1tsp sesame oil.
1: Place shrimps in cold water to thaw (Picture 1), remove shells, rinse and drain well. Dice shrimp finely (Picture 2). Combine minced shrimps with all ingredients of Ingredient 2) in a bowl, stir with a pair of chopsticks in one direction for about 70-80 turns (Picture 3), set aside.
2: Poke a hole through the middle of the tofu puffs with your index finger, and stuff in about 1.5 tsp filling (Picture 4).
3: A sauce pot on medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp oil, sliced ginger and chopped green onion, sauté for 1 minute (Picture 5). Place in tofu puffs and all ingredients of Ingredient 5) (Picture 6).
4: Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes and stir occasionally. Add 1 tsp sesame oil, mix well then transfer to a serving plate. Serve with rice.