【Tofu shrimp balls】
Very delicious and healthy dish, my family loves it.
Cook time: 10 minutes
1) 1 package tofu 700g;
2) 15 dried small mushrooms;
3) 1 package of large frozen white shrimp (454g);
4) 2 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tsp freshly minced ginger, ½ tsp salt, 1/6 tsp white ground pepper, 2 tsp corn starch, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce;
5) 1.5 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil, 1 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 2 tsp freshly minced garlic, 1 tbsp chili bean paste;
6) 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1 cup water;
7) 1 tsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tsp sesame oil.
1: Ahead of time, soak dried mushrooms in cold water for a couple of hours, rinse with water and drain (Picture 1). Place shrimps in cold water to thaw (Picture 2), remove shells, rinse with cold water, massage for a minute and drain well. Chop shrimps finely and combine with all ingredients of Ingredient 3) (Picture 3), stir in one direction with a spoon for 1-2 minutes until the mixture becomes sticky (Picture 4). Cut tofu into 1.5 cm cubes (Picture 5).
2: A non-stick deep sauté pan on medium-high heat, add 1.5 tbsp cooking oil, sauté chopped green onion, minced garlic and chili bean paste (Picture6-7) for 30 seconds. Add mushroom and cook for 20 seconds, then add tofu cubes (Picture8), stir a few times gently.
3: Add all ingredients of Ingredient 6) (Picture9), stir to mix. Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Open the lid, stir a few times and move the tofu to one side. Quickly spoon out about 2-3 tsp minced shrimp mixture and shape it in your palm until it forms a ball. Gently drop meatballs into the pan (Picture10). Cover the lid and cook for another 2 minutes (Picture11).
4: Open the lid (Picture12), added 1 tsp chopped green onion and 1 tsp sesame oil, stir to mix. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with some steamed rice, yummy.