Chinese Nut Cookies
1. 1/2C All purpose flour, 1/2C Cake flour, 1t Baking powder, 1/2t Baking soda, 1/3t Ammonium carbonate.
2. 1/4C Walnuts, 1/4C Cashew
3. 1 beaten egg, 1T milk
4. 1/3C corn oil, 1/3C sugar, 1/2t Vanilla extract
1T=15ml, 1t=5ml, 1C=240 ml.
1. Combine all materials listed in ingredient 1, sift and set aside. Crash walnuts and cashew into very small pieces in a plastic bag and them put them into the flour and mix well.
2. In a medium mixing bowl add all ingredients listed in ingredient 4 about 1.5T beaten egg and then use a fork to mix oil, egg and sugar together.
3. Add flour and nuts mixture to the oil egg and sugar mixture, mix with the fork to just combine and form dough.
4. Divide the dough into 18 small pieces and form a ball and press into a 3 cm circle and put them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Add 1T milk to the rest of beaten egg and mix well. Brush cookies with egg and milk mixture. Bake the cookies in a preheated oven at 355F for 18-20 minutes until side are golden.