【Pan Fried Salmon Pockets】
The homemade puff pastry pockets are certainly worth the efforts. The wrap is light and flaky, plus the savoury tender salmon filling, very delicious! If you like to have Ropot go to https://www.ropots.com/, with a coupon of maomaomom88 for $30 off.
Prepare time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Stand time: 20 minutes
Serves: 10 servings
Dough for wrap:
1) 1 cups unsifted all purpose flour (160 g);
2) 1.5 tbsp lard (22g), 1.5 tbsp corn oil (16g), 6 tbsp water (90 g);
3) 1/2cup+1.5 tbsp unsifted cake & pastry flour (88g), 1/4 cup (52g) corn oil or avocado oil；
4) 200g skinless salmon fillet center cut;
5) 120g Chinese yam (Hardy yam);
6) 2 tbsp freshly chopped green onion;
7) 1 tsp corn starch, 2/3 tsp salt, 1/6 tsp chicken broth mix, 1tbsp premium soy sauce, 1/6 tsp white pepper powder, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp brown sugar;
8) 2×2 tbsp cooking oil;
1. Dough: Measure flour in a medium bowl, add all ingredients in Ingredient 2) (Picture 1), to form soft dough. Knead a couple of minutes to form smooth dough (Picture 2). Cover and let it stand for 20 minutes.
2: Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 3) in a small container. Mix well with a spoon (Picture 3), set aside.
3: Rinse salmon and pat dry. Dice and place in a container. Peel off skin of Chinese yam, rinse with water, then dice and add to the diced salmon (Picture 4). Add 2 tbsp chopped green onions and all ingredients of Ingredient 7), combine and mix with a fork (Picture 5), set aside.
4: Rub some corn oil on both hands and on working surface. Knead the dough a few times and divide into 10 small equal portions. Roll out each portion into an oval about 10 cm long, and smooth on 1/10 of oil paste (about 1.5 tsp) (Picture 6). Fold the bottom third up and the top third down (Picture 7). Turn 90 deg., press down and roll out into a 4×12 cm rectangle (Picture 8). Again, fold the bottom third up and the top third down.
5: Roll the dough out into a 12×16 cm rectangle (Picture 9). Fold from left to right to form a slender roll (Picture 10). Roll from bottom to top (Pictures 11). Cover with food wrap while working on the remaining 11 portions.
7: Power up the Ropot cooker with flat inner pot. Add 2 tbsp Avocado oil and 5 pockets (Picture 15), close the lid, press the Function key to select the Pan fry function, when program starts then press – sign to decrease time to 3.5 min.
8: When the program ends, open the lid, turn over the pockets, select the Pan Fry function again and decrease time to 2 minutes to cook the other side. When it is done, take out the pockets on paper towel to remove excess oil. Repeat for the remaining portions, sever warm.
Good afternoon MaomaoMom…Thanks to a Canadian friend, my eyes (and stomach) have been opened to the wonders on your website…and the delightful opportunity, thanks to your generosity, to learn from and expert how to cook Chinese dishes….and better use my Instant Pot…PLEASE put me on your email list so that I can be notified whenever you make a new post . Thank you for all that you do, Mercie, 谢 谢 您 的 帮 助
xiè xie nǐn de bāng zhù
Thanks for your kind words. Unfortunately, I don’t have email notification setup. I usually update my website on Saturday, Please check the new recipe in the Saturday evening.