【Oat rice with sausage and yucca root】
We all pretty familiar with Oats and its health benefits, recently, one of my friends introduced me to Oat rice. I have tried it for congee and rice, very nice tasture. Today, I made this one-pot delicious dish and my family liked it very much.
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Stand time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
1) 2 tbsp dried shrimps, 2 lean Chinese sausages;
2) 175g yucca root;
3) 1 cup long grain rice, 1 cup oat rice, 2 cups cold water;
4) 1 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil, 1.5 tbsp freshly chopped green onion;
5) 1/3 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground white pepper, 1/6 tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 2 tbsp light soy sauce;
6) 1 tbsp fresh chopped green onion;
1: Ahead of time, soak dried shrimps in cold water until soft (Picture 1), drain and set aside. Cut the sausages into thin slices. Peel off skin of yucca root (Picture 2), rinse and then dice up into small pieces. Rinse rice and oat rice (Picture 3) under cold water then drain it.
2: Add 1 tbsp avocado oil into InstantPot pressure cooker. Press “Sauté” then “Adjust” button to set temperature to “More”, and sauté chopped green onion for a minute (Picture 4). Add sausages and soaked dried shrimps, stir and cook for a minute (Picture 5)..
3: Add both rice and diced yucca root, combine well (Picture 6). Then add 2 cups water and all ingredients of Ingredient 5) (Picture 7), mix. Cover the lid and place the pressure valve in the “Seal” position. Press “Rice” to start the program (Picture 8).
4: When the InstantPot program is done, wait another 5 minutes. Slowly release the pressure then open the lid. Add 1 tbsp chopped green onion and mix well before serving.