【Pan Fried Zucchini and Meat Buns】
Fail-proof making pan fried zucchini and meat buns using the 【Ropot automatic cooker】. Using the Pan fry function and only for 7 minutes, perfect soft, tender on top and crispy bottom buns are done. Most importantly, cooking is hand free and free of oil fumes. If you like to have one go to https://www.ropots.com, you can use coupon of Maomaomom88 for $30 off.
Prepare time: 1 hour
Cook time: 5×7=35 minutes
Stand time: 2 hours
Serves: 32 servings
1) 3 cups unsifted all purpose flour (not sifted, 480g), 1 cup whole wheat flour, 3 tsp baking powder;
2) 1.75 cups lukewarm water (420g), 1 tsp sugar, 3 tsp fast rising yeast, 1 tbsp all purpose flour, mix well and stand for 10 minutes;
3) 1 tsp avocado oil oil or other cooking oil;
4) 500g extra lean ground pork;
5) 3 zucchini (530g);
6) 4 stalks green onion finely chopped, 2 tsp freshly minced ginger, 1.25 tsp salt, 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp Yummy House soy sauce, 1 tbsp corn starch, 1/2 tsp chicken broth mix, 1/3 tsp thirteen-scented-spice powder or ground white pepper, 2 tbsp sesame oil.
7) 5×1.5 tsp avocado oil;
8) 5×1/4 cup water.
Yield: 32 steamed buns.
1. Dough: Measure flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and combine well (Picture 1, right). Mix all ingredients of Ingredient 2) in a bowl and let stand for 10 minutes (Picture 1, left). Pour the yeast water mixture into the flour bowl, and combine to form dough. Add 1 tsp corn oil, and knead for a minute (Picture 2). Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place until it doubles in volume.
2: Filling: Peel off skin of zucchini, slice and dice (Picture 3). Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 4) to 6) in a bowl (Picture 4) and stir in one direction for 3 minutes with a wooden spoon until the mixture is sticky. Cover with food wrap and place in the fridge while waiting for the dough to rise.
3. Gently knead dough a few times then divide into 4 equal portions. Shape each into a 2-cm diameter log and cut into 8 discs. Press down each disc and roll out into an 8-10 cm wrapper. Place 1.5 tbsp filling in the middle of a wrapper (Picture 5). Fold up along the edge to form pleats and pinch together to form a bun (Picture 6). Repeat to finish the rest of dough and filling.
Check the following video for how to make Bao Zi:
4: Place 6-7 buns in the flat inner pot of Ropot cooker (Picture 7), cover and let them standard inside an oven for 45-75 mintues until volume increases by 50% (Picture 8). Place rest of buns on a parchment paper lined baking sheets. Let them stand inside an oven for 45-75 minutes until volume increases by 50%.
5: Plugin the Ropot cooker, press the Power button to turn on the cooker, place the flat bottom inner pot inside the machine. Add ¼ cup cold water and close the lid, press the Function key to select the Pan fry function (default 4 min), then press + sign to increase time to 7 min (Picture 9).
6: When the program ends, open the lid, remove the pot and transfer cooked buns to a serving plate and serve. Yummy!!
Tips: Buns can be stored in an airtight container in freezer for up to 4 months. Reheat in microwave before serving.