【Baked salmon with Savory Chinese sauce】
Tender baked salmon with savory Chinese sauce, must try.
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
1) 400g center-cut salmon fillet;
2) 1/6 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1 tbsp sesame oil;
3) 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1tsp freshly chopped green onion, 1.5 tsp minced ginger, 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic, 1 hot chilli chopped;
4) 1 tbsp cooking wine, 1 tbsp light soy sauce , 1 tbsp primium soy sauce, 1tbsp cold water, 1/3 tsp sugar;
5) ½ tsp corn starch mixed with 1 tbsp cold water;
6) 2 tsp sesame seeds.
1: Rinse salmon with cold water and pat dry. Cut 3cm wide pieces and place in a glass baking dish (Picture 1) which was sprayed with Pam. Season with black pepper and drizzle 1 tbsp sesame oil (Picture 2).
2: Preheat oven to 425F/220C and then bake for 12 minutes until fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
3: Meanwhile, roast sesame seeds in a small non-stick pan over medium heat (Picture 3) until color is slightly yellow, set aside.
4: Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in the same non-stick pan over high heat, sauté chopped green onion, minced ginger, garlic and chilli for 30 seconds (Picture 4). Reduce to low heat and add all ingredients of Ingredient 4), pour in corn starch water mixture (Picture 5), stir and cook until thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
5: To serve, pour cooked sauce over baked salmon fillet and scatter roasted sesame seed over it.