【Braised Pork Ribs with Garlic and Bamboo Shoots】
I made braised pork ribs with garlic and bamboo shoots for dinner. Both my husband and my son Maomao love it. It goes well with steamed rice, perfect for leftover lunch.
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Stand time: 8 hours
Cook time: 45 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
1) 1000g spare ribs;
2) 50g dried winter shoots;
3) 1 tbsp olive oil, 2-3 slices of fresh ginger, 2 green onion rinsed and cut into 2-inch length, 5-6 cloves garlic, 1 star anise;
4) 1 tbsp cooking wine, 2 tbsp premium dark soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt, 1.5 tsp sugar, 3 tbsp water;
5) 1 tsp sesame oil.
1: Soak dried bamboo shoots in cold water for 8 hours. Rinse under water and drain well.
2: Remove membrane from the back of the ribs. Wash and cut between bones into small pieces, rinse and drain.
3: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan over high heat. Sauté ginger, green onion, garlic and star anise for about 1 minute (Picture 1). Toss in pork ribs (Picture 2), and cook for 3-4 minutes until the ribs start to turn brown.
4: Add bamboo shoots (Picture 3), sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Add all ingredients of Ingredient 4) and bring to a boil. Transfer all contents into a InstantPot pressure cooker (Picture 4). Cover the lid and place the pressure valve to “Seal” position. Press “Manual” button and set 36 minutes of cooking time.
5: When the program is done, wait another 5 minutes. Slowly release the pressure then open the lid (Picture 5). Select “Sauté” and set temperature to “More”, stir occasionally until the sauce is reduced to 1/4.
6: Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve over rice. Yummy!!
2. 做出来的藕的颜色很深，您看是否我baking soda放的多了，我是按照1/3 tsp的要求放的，但看来这个量我没有掌握的很好。
A question for you… Will fresh bamboo shoots also work in this recipe?
Hi Maomao Mom,
I’m new to pressure cooking, and I have some questions re this recipe. I have the latest instant pot cooker, and it’s great thus far.
1. I thought pressure cookers required a minimum amount of water/liquid? This recipe has very little moisture. Am I missing something?
2. Is the sesame oil included in step #4?
1. The instanpot seals very well and you don’ loose much water during cooking therefore no need to add more water.
2. Add Sesame oil in the last step.
感谢您悉心地分享，昨晚做了，大受欢迎。Instant Pot 收汁收得挺快，收完后有点偏咸，就饭很好。