【Chicken Breast Salad】
This chicken breast salad is a low calorie dish, a perfect summer treat.
Meal type: Poultry
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minute
Stand time: 2 hours
Serves: 3 servings
1) Half chicken breast 250g or Cornish hen breast;
2) 2 Lebanese cucumbers 220g;
3) ½ tsp salt;
4) 1 tsp white sesame seeds;
5) 1.5 tsp olive oil, 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion, 1 tsp minced ginger, 1/6 tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn;
6) 1/6 tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1/4 tsp sugar, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp chili oil.
1: In a medium size pot, add 3 cups water and bring to a boil. Add chicken breast to the boiling water, reduce to low heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove chicken breast, place in a container (Picture 1) and chill in fridge for 2 hours. Shred off in small pieces.
2: Peel off the skin of cucumbers, rinse with water and cut in half. Cut into thin slices, stack them up and cut into matchstick-sized strips (Picture 2).
3: Place the cucumber strips and the shredded chicken breast in a bowl. Add ½ tsp salt (Picture 3), toss to mix.
4: Place a small non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Add sesame seeds, stir and cook until roasted and turn to golden color (Pictures 4). Sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds onto the chicken and cucumber.
5: Heat 1.5 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Sauté all ingredients of Ingredient 5) for about a minute, and pour onto the chicken and cucumber. Add all ingredients of Ingredient 6) and toss to mix before serving.