Chicken potato rice
Try this flavourful, quick and easy recipe. It can be done in InstantPot ， an electric pressure cooker or rice cooker. This is my family favourite rice dish and I make this dish at least once a week. It is also well loved by my friends when I bring it to parties. The tender chicken meat, powdery potato, and flavourful rice make you want more! umm yummy!
Prepare Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: total 20 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
1. Boneless and skinless chicken thighs (400 g) cut to small pieces
2. Marinade ingredients: 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Kikkoman light soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon white pepper powder, 2 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon corn starch;
3. 2 T olive oil; 1 green onion cut in 2-inch length, 1 small piece of fresh ginger sliced, 1 star anise and 2 cloves;
4. 360 ml white long rice, 420 ml low-sodium chicken stock or water;
5. 1.5 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Kikkoman light soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt;
6. 3 medium yellow potatoes peeled and cut in ¼ inch pieces;
7. 1 green onion finely chopped and 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
1: Mix chicken meat and all marinade ingredients the night before. Store in a container with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
2: In an InstantPot, press “sauté”, heat 2T olive oil, add ingredients in Ingredient 3), sauté for a minute. Add marinated chicken meat, stir frequently for about 2-3 minutes, press “cancel” key.
3: Add Ingredients 4) to 6). Cover the lid, make sure the valve at “Sealing” position, select “Rice” function then start.
4: When it is done, wait for another 5 minutes then release the pressure and open the lid. Stir in finely chopped green onion and sesame oil before serving.
Note: 1C=240ml, 1t=5ml and 1T=15 ml. Use same cup for rice and liquid.