Chicken potato rice
Try this flavourful, quick and easy recipe. It can be done in InstantPot ， an electric pressure cooker or rice cooker. This is my family favourite rice dish and I make this dish at least once a week. It is also well loved by my friends when I bring it to parties. The tender chicken meat, powdery potato, and flavourful rice make you want more! umm yummy!
Prepare Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
1. 2 T olive oil;
2. 1 green onion cut in 2-inch length;
3. 1 small piece of fresh ginger sliced;
4. 1 star anise and 3 cloves;
5. Boneless and skinless chicken thighs (400 g) cut to small pieces
6. Marinade ingredients: 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Kikkoman light soy sauce, ¼ teaspoon white pepper powder, 2 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon corn starch;
7. 2cups low-sodium chicken stock or water;
8. 1.5 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Kikkoman light soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt;
9. 1 1/3cups white long rice;
10. 3 medium yellow potatoes peeled and cut in ¼ inch pieces;
11. 1 green onion finely chopped and 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
1: Mix chicken meat and all marinade ingredients the night before. Store in a container with a lid and place in the fridge overnight.
2: In a large non-stick sauté pan , heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in ingredients 2, 3, 4 and cook for a minute. Then add marinated chicken meat, stir frequently for about 3 to 4 minutes until outside turns light brown, set aside.
3: Take out your InstantPot , transfer all cooked chicken with liquid into the pot. Add in ingredients 7 to 10. Cover the lid, make sure the valve at “Sealing” position, select “Rice” function then start.
4: When it is done after 35 minutes, wait for another 10 minutes then release the pressure and open the lid. Stir in finely chopped green onion and sesame oil. Cover the lid and let the rice sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: 1C=240ml, 1t=5ml and 1T=15 ml.