Chicken with Chinese mushroom and bean curd
This is a very healthy Chinese dish and is well loved by my family.
Prepare Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25minutes
Serves: 4 servings
1. 6 dry Chinese mushrooms soaked and cut into small pieces;
2. Spiced firm bean curd half package 200 g, rinsed ad cut into small pieces;
3. 2 large chicken legs with back attached, trimmed fat, rinsed and cut into small pieces;
4. 1.5T Oliver oil;
5. 1 green onion cut into big pieces, 1 small piece fresh ginger spliced;
6. 1T Chinese cooking wine, 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, 2 tablespoon Kikkoman light soy sauce, 1/4t salt, 1.5t sugar, 1/6t five spice powder and 1C water;
7: 1t sesame oil.
1: In a large non-stick deep sauté pan , heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ingredient 5 of green onion and ginger, sauté for a half minute. Then add chicken meat, stir frequently, until all water evaporated.
2: Add in chopped and soaked mushrooms and bean curd, sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Add in all ingredients listed under ingredient 6, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cover with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
3: Turn the heat back up to medium-high, boil down the sauce until only 2T liquid left. Add in sesame oil, mix well and done.
Maomaomom’s Note: 1C=240ml, 1t=5ml and 1T=15 ml. Five-spice powder is a blend of ground spices used extensively in Chinese cooking. It usually consists of cloves, cinnamon, fennel seed, star anise, and Szechuan peppercorns. It can be found in the spice section of the grocery store.