【Dinner Rolls with scallion and pork floss filling】
After I made soft dinner rolls , maomao has asked me to make some dinner rolls with whole wheat flour. I modified the recipe and made these rolls filled chopped scallion and pork floss, very delicious.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 16 minutes
Stand time: 3-4 hours
Serves: 12 servings
1) 1 large egg white, 1 cup minus 2 tbsp water (210g), 1 tbsp sugar (42g), 1 tbsp milk powder;
2) 1 and 1/4 cups unsifted all purpose flour (200g), 1 cup whole wheat flour (160g), 1.5 tbsp wheat gluten(14g), 1/3 tsp salt;
3) 1.5 tsp fast rising yeast;
4) 2.5 tbsp butter soften (37.5g), 1.5 tbsp corn oil (15g);
5) 1 tsp corn oil, ½ tsp salt;
6) 4 tbsp pork floss, 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds, 3 tbsp freshly finely chopped green onion;
7) egg wash: 1 egg yolk mix with 2 tsp water;
1: Place all ingredients of Ingredient 1) in bread machine, then add all ingredients in Ingredient 2) and 3) (Picture 1). Select “Dough” and start program. When the stirring begins, open the lid and quickly Ingredient 4) butter and corn oil (Picture 2). Close the lid and let the program continue until finish. The entire process takes about 2 hours.
2: When the dough doubles in volume (Picture 3), knead a few times on a floured surface, then roll into a 33-cm circle, scatter ½ tsp salt and drizzle 1 tsp oil. Fold the flatter dough a few times to coat evenly (Picture 4). Scatter chopped green onion and pork floss on top. Cut into 4 equal portions (Picture 5). Cut each portion into 3 triangles. Gently roll each triangle towards the pointed end (Pictures 6).
3: Arrange rolls on parchment paper lined baking sheet (Picture 7). Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 1 hour until the volume doubles.
4: Preheat oven at 350F/175C. Brush rolls with egg wash (Picture 8), and bake about 16 minutes until surface turns golden.
5: Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
1：Store the leftover dinner rolls in an air-tight container in fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in microwave oven for about 15 seconds before serving.