【Cold Vegetables in Balsamic Vinegar Sauce】
This cold vegetables dish is a great appetizer at dinner parties. It is nutritious and wonderfully refreshing. Every time I prepare this dish, my guests love it.
Cook time: 2 minutes
Stand time: 2-3 hours
Serves: 8 servings
1) 750g spinach rinsed;
2) 8g dried black fungus, soaked in warm water for 3 hours then rinsed;
3) 110g baby carrots peeled and rinsed, ¼ tsp salt;
4) 80g dried mung bean noodles;
5) 125g bean curd, 2 tsp olive oil, ½ tsp fresh minced ginger, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp water;
6) 1 large egg, ¼ tsp salt, 2 tsp water, 1 tsp olive oil;
7) ½ cup five-spice peanuts or roasted peanuts;
8) 1 tbsp olive oil, 1.5 tbsp finely chopped green onion, 1 tsp minced ginger, 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic;
9) 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1.25 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 2 tbsp sesame oil, 1/6 tsp white pepper powder.
1: Boil water in a large pot. Add spinach (Picture 1) and cook for 1 minute. Remove spinach, rinse under cold water and cut into small pieces. Place in a medium bowl and set aside.
2: Cook black fungus for 3-5 minutes, rinse under cold water then cut into slices. Finely slice carrots, place in a bowl along with sliced black fungus. Add 1/4 tsp salt and mix well. Let stand for 20 minutes (Picture 2).
4: Cut bean curd into matchsticks. Non-stick sauté pan on high heat, add 2 tsp olive oil, and sauté sliced ginger and bean curd for 1-2 minutes (Picture 4). Add 1 tbsp light soy sauce and 1 tbsp water, and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
5: Beat one egg with ¼ tsp salt and 2 tsp water. Heat 1 tsp oil over high heat in non-stick sauté pan. Pour in the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes (Picture 5), then turn over and cook the other side for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let it cool. Cut the cooked egg into thin slices.
6: Non-stick sauté pan on high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil, and sauté the remaining Ingredient 8) for a minute (Picture 6). Remove from heat and transfer to the spinach bowl. Add sliced black fungus, baby carrots, bean curd, mung bean noodles and all ingredients of Ingredient 9) (Picture 7). Add ½ cup five-spice peanuts and toss gently. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.