【MaomaoMom’s Stir Fried Noodles】
This stir fried noodles recipe is so well loved by my family and friends that I make it every week. This one-pot dish is easy to prepare for a busy weeknight, and leftover noodle is great for lunch the next day.
Prepare time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 6-8 servings
1) 300g center cut boneless pork loin, trimmed of all outside fat, ½ tsp salt, 1 tbsp corn starch, 1.5 tbsp water;
2) 200g headless white shrimp, 1/3 tsp salt, 2 tsp corn starch, 1 tsp sesame oil;
3) 1 package Chinese egg noodles 454g;
4) 3 tbsp light soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp olive oil;
5) 10 dried Chinese mushrooms, 10g dried black fungus, both soaked in warm water for 3 hours and rinsed;
6) 2 small carrots 110g, peeled and washed;
7) 450g Chinese greens (Yu Choy);
8) 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion, 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic;
9) 1.5 tbsp fish sauce, ½ tsp salt, 1 tbsp Yummy House soy sauce (can be substituted with light soy sauce), 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1/6 tsp white pepper powder;
10) 2 tsp corn starch dissolved in 1 tbsp water;
11) 2 tsp sesame oil.
1: Cut pork loin into thin slices. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients of Ingredient 1) and mix well (Picture 1). Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge for 24 hours.
2: Peel and devein shrimp, then rinse under cold running water and pat dry. combine all ingredients of Ingredient 2), and mix well (Picture 2). Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge for 24 hours.
3: Wash Chinese greens (Yu Choy) and cut into 1 inch length. Cut carrots, dried mushrooms and black fungus into thin slices (Pictures 3 and 4).
4: In a large pot, add 8 cups water and bring to a boil. Add Chinese egg noodles and cook for 1 minute (Picture 6). Drain the noodles thoroughly. Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 4) and mix well (Picture 7).
5: Place cooked noodles in a large non-stick sauté pan, and brown both sides over medium-high heat (Picture 8). Remove from heat and keep warm.
6: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and sauté pork (Picture 9) until it changes color, about 1-2 minutes, Transfer to a bowl.
7: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Sauté shrimp (Picture 10) for 1-2 minutes until shrimp start to turn pink in color. Transfer to a bowl.
8: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the same pan over high heat. Sauté chopped green onion and minced garlic for a minute (Picture11). Add carrots, mushrooms and black fungus, and stir fry for 1 minute (Picture 12). Add all ingredients of Ingredient 9) and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add Yu Choy and stir fry for a couple of minutes (Picture 13).
9: Return cooked pork and shrimp (Picture 14) to pan. Pour in corn starch water mixture (Picture 15) and cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat, add noodles and 2 tsp sesame oil and toss until well combined (Picture 16). Transfer to serving plates and serve immediately.