【Pan fried chicken thighs】
I used organic chicken thighs from CostCo to make this dish. Very easy but delicious, meat is tender inside and crispy outside. It has become my family favorite dish.
Cook time: 12 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
1) 650g organic chicken thighs (9 pieces);
2) 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce, 1tbsp Lee Kum Kee Guilin style chill bean sauce, 1 small piece chili fermented bean curd+1tsp its sauce, ½ tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, ¼ tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn, 1 tsp sesame oil;
3) ¾ cup whole wheat flour;
4) 3 tbsp olive oil or other cooking oil.
1. Remove veins from chicken thighs, rinse and drain. Place them in a bowl, I used these fermented bean curd and chili sauce (Picture 1), add all ingredients of Ingredient 2), mix well (Picture 2) and set aside for 20 minutes.
2. Add 2/3 cup whole wheat flour to marinated chicken thighs (Picture 3), gentle mix to coat chicken thighs with flour (Picture 4). Shake off excess flour.
3: Heat a non-stick pan on medium low heat (3-4) for a couple of minutes, add 2 tbsp oil, then arrange chicken pieces in the pan (Picture 5). Pan fry for 5-6 minutes until one side is golden brown.
4: Turn over (Picture 6), add another 1 tbsp oil, cook the other side to golden brown about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.