【Pork and Cucumber Stir Fry】
This mouth-watering stir fry dish combines the tender pork and cucumber in a savoury ginger sauce. It goes well with steamed rice.
Meal type: Pork
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Stand time: 24 hours
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2 servings
1) 150g pork center loin, 1/2 tsp corn starch, 1 tbsp water, 1 tsp premium dark soy sauce ;
2) 3 small Lebanese cucumber 150g, peeled and sliced;
3) 4 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp minced fresh ginger, 1 tbsp freshly chopped green onion;
4) 1/3 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp sugar, 2 tsp dark vinegar ;
5) ½ tsp corn starch, 1 tbsp water, mix well.
1: Cut pork loin into thin (about 2 mm) slices. Add the rest of Ingredient 1) (Picture 1) and mix well with your fingers for 1-2 minutes. Cover and store in the fridge overnight. If the pork meat is marinated overnight it tastes very tender and flavorful.
2: Heat 4 tsp olive oil in a non-stick saute pan over high heat. Sauté chopped green onion and minced ginger for 45 seconds (Picture 2).
3: Add the marinated pork and stir fry for 1 minute until pork starts to change color (Picture 3). Add sliced cucumber and toss a few times (Picture 4). Add all ingredients of Ingredient 4), stir to mix (Picture 5).
4: Stir in the corn starch and water mixture, cook until sauce thickens. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with rice.