【Singapore Stir Fried Rice Noodles】
I like Singapore stir fried rice noodles. It is easy to make and very delicious. I am quite surprised that my son loves curry.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Stand time: 24 hours
Serves: 4 servings
1) 150g boneless center cut pork loin, trimmed of all outside fat, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp corn starch, 1 tbsp water;
2) 200g frozen white shrimp, ¼ tsp salt, 1 tsp corn starch;
3) Half package (200g) rice noodles;
4) 1 extra large egg, 1/8 tsp salt, 1 tsp olive oil;
5) ½ medium purple onion, peeled and thinly sliced;
6) 1/3 red or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced;
7) 250g bean sprouts, ends removed;
8) 2 tbsp olive oil, 3 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic, 1.5 tsp minced ginger, 1 tbsp curry powder;
9) 1.5 tbsp fish sauce, 2/3 tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tbsp oyster sauce.
1: Cut pork loin into thin slices. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients of Ingredient 1) and mix well (Picture 1). Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight.
2: Peel and devein shrimp, rinse and drain well. Measure in the rest of Ingredient 2) and mix well (Picture 2). Set aside for 20 minutes.
3: In a large pot, add 6 cups water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, soak half package of rice noodles for 2 minutes (Picture 3). Drain thoroughly and set aside.
5: Place the non-stick sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add 1.5 tsp olive oil and sauté the marinated pork meat (Picture 5) for 1-2 minutes, until it changes color. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
6: Heat 1.5 tsp olive oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Sauté shrimp (Picture 6) for about 2 minutes until the colour turns red, set aside.
8: Add cooked rice noodles and all ingredients of Ingredient 9). Gently stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add pork, shrimp and egg (Picture 10), stir and cook for another 30 seconds. Sprinkle finely chopped green onion before serving.