【Soy Sauce and Spices Braised Gizzards】
I was shopping at FarmBoy and saw freshly packed chicken gizzards. You got to try this simple and delicious dish, I loved it.
Meal type: Poultry
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
1) 1 package chicken gizzards (700g);
2) 1 green onion, 1 small ginger (5g), 1 hot chilli;
3) 1 anise star, 2-3 cloves;
4) 1 tbsp light soy sauce , 1 tbsp primium soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce;
5) 1 cup water, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, ½ tsp Chinese thirteen spices powder ;
6) 1 tsp sesame oil..
1: Remove root of the green onion, wash and chopped to 5 cm long pieces and slice ginger (Picture 1). Wash gizzards with water and drain. Place them in a medium size pot. Add ingredients of Ingredient 2) and 3) (Picture 3).
2: Add ingredients of Ingredient 4) and 5) (Picture 4). Cover with lid and bring to boil on high heat (Picture 5).
3: Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer for 50 minutes (Picture 6), open the lid and add 1 tsp sesame oil , continue cook until only a quart sauce left, remove from heat.
4: When cool, transfer cooked gizzards to a serving plate and serve with some rice and vegetable of your choice.