【Spaghetti with Balsamic and Scallion Sauce】
This cold noodle dish is ideal to serve at your summer picnic and backyard parties. The sauce is made with soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, sesame oil, chilli oil, minced ginger and scallion, very tasty.
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 servings
1) Half package spaghetti (250g), 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp olive oil;
2) 1.5 tbsp white sesame seeds;
Balsamic and scallion sauce:
3) 1 tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsp finely chopped green onion, 1.5 tsp minced ginger;
4) 1/2 tsp salt, 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1.5 tsp honey, 1/6 tsp ground white pepper, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp chili oil, 1/6 tsp chicken broth mix.
5) 2 green onion cut into 1-inch pieces, 10g fresh ginger sliced, 1 anise star, 2-3 cloves, ½ tsp cumin, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, ¼ cup chili pepper flakes, 3 tbsp paprika;
6) 1.5 cup corn oil or vegetable oil.
1: Chili oil: Sauté chopped green onion and sliced ginger of Ingredient 5) in a small saucepan, over medium-high heat for a minute. Then add the rest ingredients of Ingredient 5) (Picture 1). Pour in 1.5 cup oil (Picture 2), bring to a boil then simmer at low heat for 20 minutes (Picture 3). Remove from heat and let it cool. Strain the oil to remove green onion and ginger, pour the strained chili oil into a clean and dry glass container (Picture 4). When chili pepper flakes settle down, transfer the clear chili oil into another clean glass container and discard the chili sediments. Store the chili oil in fridge until use.
2: In a large sauce pot, add 6 cups water, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat (Picture 5). Drain well.
4: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the same pan over medium heat. Sauté 4 tbsp finely chopped green onion and minced ginger for a minute (Picture 7), set aside.
5: Put the drained spaghetti back to the pot, add cooked green onion and minced ginger, roasted sesame seeds. Stir in all ingredients of Ingredient 4) (Picture 8), mix well before serving.
I did it. Yummy! Thanks!