【Okara Soy Pulp and Shrimp Pancakes】
After making silken tofu, no need to throw away the soy pulp (okara). Why not use it to make okara and shrimp pancakes? Your kids will love them!
Meal type: Pancakes
Prepare time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 5 servings
1) 1 cup soy pulp after making Sweet silken tofu ;
2) 75 g peeled and deveined frozen white shrimp;
3) 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1/6 tsp white groud pepper, 3 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tsp minced ginger;
4) 1 cup rice flour (130g), 1 extra large egg;
5) 6 tbsp (90g) cold water;
6) 3×2 tsp olive oil or corn oil.
1: Thaw the frozen shrimp in fridge for 6 hours prior to cooking. Rinse shrimp under cold water and drain well. Cut shrimp into very fine pieces (Picture 1). Combine with all ingredients of Ingredient 1) and 3) in a bowl (Picture 2).
2: Add 1 cup rice flour (Picture 3) and one egg (Picture 4). Then add 6 tbsp cold water (Picture 5) and mix well (Picture 6).
3: Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Spoon in about 1.5 tbsp batter each time, and space out the pancakes (Picture 7). Cook for about 2-3 minutes, then gently flip the pancakes and cook another 2-3 minutes until both sides are golden brown (Picture 8).
4: Drain pancakes on a plate lined with paper towels. Repeat to finish the rest of batter.