【Stir Fried Rice Noodles】
Rice noodle dishes are very popular in the southern China. They have distinct flavor and texture, compared to noodles made from wheat flour. Hope that you will enjoy this stir fried rice noodles as much as my family.
Prepare time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6-8 servings
Stand time: 24 hours
1) 300g boneless center cut pork loin, trimmed of all outside fat, ½ tsp salt, 1 tbsp corn starch, 2 tbsp water, 2 tsp dark soy sauce;
2) 1 package (200g) thin dried rice noodles;
3) 10 dried Chinese mushrooms, 8g dried black fungus, 2 tbsp dried shrimp, soak in individual containers in warm water for 3 hours then rinse under cold water;
4) 1 small carrot 50g, peeled;
5) 400g baby bok choy;
6) 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic, 1 tsp ginger cut into matchsticks;
7) 1.5 tbsp fash sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1.5tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp Yummy House soy sauce (can be substituted with light soy sauce), 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1/6 tsp thirteen scented spice powder or white pepper powder;
8) 2 tsp sesame oil.
1: Cut pork loin into thin slices. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients of Ingredient 1) and mix well (Picture 1). Cover with plastic wrap and store in fridge for 24 hours.
2: In a large pot, add 6 cups water and bring to a boil. Add dried rice noodles and soak for 30 minutes (Picture 2). Drain thoroughly and set aside.
3: Cut baby bok choy into 1 inch length. Cut carrot, dried mushrooms and black fungus into thin slices.
5: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the same pan over high heat. Sauté chopped green onion, ginger and garlic for a minute (Picture 4). Add soaked shrimp and sauté for another minute. Add carrots, dried mushrooms and black fungus and cook for 1 minute (Picture 5). Add rice noodles and all ingredients of Ingredient 7), gently stir and cook for 2 minutes (Picture 6). Then add baby bok choy and stir fry for 2-3 minutes (Picture 7).
6: Return cooked pork (Picture 8) to pan. Gently toss to combine well. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tsp sesame oil. Transfer to serving plates and serve immediately.
Are you sure we need to soak the rice noodles for 30mins? I did and they became very small pieces. Thanks.
the ‘fash sauce’ means ‘fish sauce’? and can i replace baby bok choy with Chinese cabbage? thanks