【Sweet & Sour Bitter Melon】
You got to try this Sweet & sour bitter melon, tender and savory meat filling with the delicious sweet and sour sauce, making bitter melon taste great. Summer time, it is great to eat some.
Cook time: 7-8 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
1) 200g extra lean ground pork;
2) 1 green onion, 1 small piece ginger (2g);
3) 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp premium dark soy sauce, 1 tsp corn starch, ¼ tsp chicken broth mix, 1/8 tsp ground white pepper;
4) 2 bitter melon (425g), stubby one is better;
5) 2 tsp avocado oil or other cooking oil, 1 tsp chopped green onion;
Sweet & sour sauce:
6) 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1/3 cup water (80g), 1 tsp corn starch, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1/4 tsp salt.
Directions see the video (Like this video, please subscribe and click like, thanks!):
2: Wash bitter melons, remove both ends and discard them. Cut into 1 cm thick discs, remove the inside of melon (see the video). Brush a large non-stick pan with 2 tsp cooking oil, arrange bitter melons circles in side. Fill each with meat filling.
3: Turn on the stove medium-high heat (6-7 for electric oven), cook for about 2-3 minutes until one side is brown. Turn over, cook for another minute. Add 1 tsp chopped green onion and Sweet & sour sauce.
4: Cover the lid and cook for a minute. Then remove the lid, turn over the bitter melon pieces, continue to cook until the sauce is thicken.
5: Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm, yummy.