【Chinese Almond Cookies】
A traditional Chinese Almond cookie, used cooking oil and organic whole brown sugar to make these yummy cookies.
Prepare time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
Serves: 24 servings
1) 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (120g), ¾ cup Cake & pastry flour (102g), ¼ cup corn starch (34g), 1.25 tsp Baking powder, ¾ tsp Baking soda, ½ tsp Ammonium Carbonate , ½ tsp salt;
2) 2/3 cup roasted almonds (110g);
3) 1 beaten egg, use 2 tbsp (about 30 g),
4) 2/3 cup+1tbsp (150g) corn oil, 2/3 cup sugar (140g), 1 tsp vanilla extract;
5) egg wash: left over beaten egg;
Preheat oven at 360F.
1: Place almondss inside a plastic bag (Picture 1), seal and crash almonds into very small pieces with a rolling pin. Line one 22×32 cm baking pan or larger with parchment paper or silicon baking sheet, set aside.
2: Place all ingredients of Ingredient 1) in a medium size bowl, mix well. Add crushed almonds (Picture 2), mix well.
3: In a medium mixing bowl add all ingredients listed in Ingredient 4) and 2 tbsp beaten egg (Picture 3). Then use a fork to mix oil, egg and sugar together (Picture 4). Add flour and almonds mixture to the oil egg and sugar mixture (Picture 5), mix with the fork to just combine (Picture 6).
4: Divide the dough into 24 small pieces and form a ball and press into 0.8 cm thick circle (Picture 7) and put them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bursh with egg wash (Picture 8).
5: Bake the cookies in the oven for 22-24 minutes until side are light golden. Cool before serving.