【Cold spicy noodles with shrimps】
This spicy cold noodle dish with stir fried shrimps is ideal to serve at any of your parties. The sauce is made with roasted sesame seeds, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, chilli oil, minced ginger, minced garlic and scallion, very tasty.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 10 servings
1) 600g spaghetti;
2) 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp olive oil;
3) 4 baby carrots (235g), 1 bell pepper any color (125g), 1/3 tsp salt;
4) 20 frozen medium size white shrimps, 1/3 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground white pepper, 1 tsp corn starch, 1/2 tsp sesame oil;
5) 1tbsp olive oil;
6) 1 tbsp olive oil, 1.5 tbsp Lee Kum Kee peppercorn chili oil, 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion, 1.5 tsp minced ginger, 1.5 tbsp minced garlic, ½ tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn;
7) 1 tbsp sesame oil;
8) 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp light soy sauce 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, ¼ tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tbsp chili sauce;
9) 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds, 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion;
1: Peel off skin of carrots, rinse with water and cut into thin matchstick-sized strips (Picture 1). Remove seeds of green peppers, rinse with water and then cut thin matchstick-sized strips. Place them in a clean bowl, add 1/3 tsp salt and mixt well, let stand for 20 minutes (Picture 2). Soak frozen shrimps in cold water to defrost. Peel and devein the shrimp, rinse under cold water and drain well. Place shrimps in a bowl, add the rest ingredients in Ingredient 4), mix well (Picture 3).
2: In a large sauce pot, add 10 cups water, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat (Picture 4). Drain well (Picture 5).
3: Same pot on medium-low heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1.5 tbsp Lee Kum Kee peppercorn chili oil, sauté 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion, 1.5 tbsp minced garlic, 1.5 tsp minced ginger and ½ tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn for a minute (Picture 6), set aside. Add all ingredients of Ingredient 7)-8), mix well (Picture 7).
4: Add the drained spaghetti to the above sauce pot, mix well (Picture 8).
5: non-stick pan over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat, sauté shrimps for 1-2 minutes until shrimps (Picture 9) just cooked.
6: Transfer cooked shrimps to the noodles pot, add previously prepared carrot and green pepper strips, add all ingredients of Ingredient 9) (Picture 10), mix well before serving.
Should be “ 炒香剩余6..” not 5?