【Pan Fried Chicken Buns】
In recent years, it is recommended to eat more high quality white meat, such as seafood and chicken breast, for a better health. Therefore, this dish of Pan Fried Chicken Buns is presented. Very tender and delicious filling, soft top and crispy bottom will make you reaching for one after another.
Cook time: 2×10 minutes
1) 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour (not sifted, 640g), 2 tsp baking powder;
2) 2/3 cup lukewarm water +2.5 tbsp (200g), 1/4 tsp sugar, 1.25 tsp fast rising yeast, mix well and stand for 5 minutes;
3) 1 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil;
4) 500g skinless and boneless chicken breast;
5) 5 small shallots (215g);
6) 2 stalks green onion finely chopped, 1.5 tsp freshly minced ginger, 1/2 tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, 2 tsp corn starch, 1 tbsp sesame oil; 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1/3 tsp chicken broth mix, cold water 3-tbsp;
7) 2 x 1 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil;
8) 2 x ¾ cup (2 x 180g) water;
9) 2 x 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds, 2 x 2 tsp finely chopped green onion, optional.
Directions see the video (Love this video, please view in YouTube or its app, subscribe and click like, thanks!):
2: Filling: Remove old skin of shallots, rinse with water and then chop finely, finely chop the green onions as well (Picture 1). Dice chicken breast finely (Picture 2) and combine all ingredients of Ingredient 4) to 6) in the a bowl (Picture 3) and stir in one direction for 3 minutes with a pair of chopsticks or a wooden spoon until the mixture is sticky (Picture 3).
3. Gently knead dough a few times then divide into 2 equal portions. Shape each into a 2-cm diameter log and cut into 8 discs. Press down each disc and roll out into a 10 cm wrapper. Place 2 tbsp filling in the middle of a wrapper. Fold up along the edge to form pleats and pinch together to form a bun (See the video). Repeat to finish the rest of dough and filling.
4: Place 8 buns inside a non-stick sauté pan which is already coated with 1 tbsp oil, cover with a lid. Other buns on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap. Let buns rest for 30-60minutes in a warm place until volume increases by 50%.
5: Add about 3/4 cup of cold water to the pan. Cover the lid (Picture 5) and bring to a boil over high heat. Keep an eye and when water almost evaporates (about 4 minutes), reduce to medium-low heat (3) and cook for another 2 minutes. Then reduce to low heat and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, wait for 2 minutes and open the lid. Scatter evenly 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds and 2 tsp chopped green onion. Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm. Yummy!!.