【Cold spicy noodles】
This spicy cold noodle dish is ideal to serve at your summer picnic and backyard parties. The sauce is made with crushed and roasted peanuts, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, chilli oil, minced ginger, minced garlic and scallion, very tasty.
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
1) 400g spaghetti;
2) 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp olive oil;
3) 1 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion, 1 tsp minced ginger, 1 tbsp minced garlic, ½ tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn;
4) 1 tbsp chili oil, 1 tbsp sesame oil;
5) 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tbsp light soy sauce , 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1 tsp dark vinegar, 1/2 tsp sugar, ¼ tsp chicken broth mix ;
6) ¼ cup roasted peanuts, 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion;
1: In a large sauce pot, add 10 cups water, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat (Picture 1). Drain well.
2: While the spaghetti is cooking, place a small non-stick fry pan over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Sauté 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion, 1 tbsp minced garlic, 1 tsp minced ginger and ½ tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn for a minute (Picture 2), set aside.
3: Put the drained spaghetti to a big bowl, add 1 tbsp chili oil (Picture 3) and 1 tbsp sesame oil, mix well.
4: Add cooked green onion, ginger, garlic and ground Sichuan peppercorn (Picture 4) and all ingredients of Ingredient 5), mix well.
5: Place roasted peanuts in a plastic bag (Picture 5), seal and crush the peanuts with a rolling pin (Picture 6). Add crushed peanuts and 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion to the noodles (Picture 7), mix well before serving.