After I made soft dinner rolls , I used same dough recipe with small modification for making this garlic knots, it turn out to be great. Maomao loves it.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
Stand time: 3-4 hours
Serves: 16 servings
1) 1 large egg white, 1 cup minus 2 tbsp water (210g), 1 tbsp sugar (14g), 1 tbsp milk powder;
2) 2 and 1/4 cups unsifted all purpose flour (360g), 1.5 tbsp wheat gluten(14g), 1/3 tsp salt;
3) 1.5 tsp fast rising yeast;
4) 2.5 tbsp butter soften (37.5g), 1.5 tbsp corn oil (15g);
5) 1 tsp salt, 2tbsp freshly minced garlic;
6) 1tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 16×1/4 tsp parmesan cheese;
7) egg wash: 1 egg yolk mix with 2 tsp water;
1: Place all ingredients of Ingredient 1) in bread machine, then add all ingredients in Ingredient 2) and 3) (Picture 1). Select “Dough” and start program. When the stirring begins, open the lid and quickly Ingredient 4) butter and corn oil (Picture 2). Close the lid and let the program continue until finish. The entire process takes about 2 hours.
2: When the dough doubles in volume (Picture 3), knead a few times on a floured surface, then divide into 12 equal portions (Picture 4), roll each dough into 1.5 cm diameter long log and make a knot (Picture 6).
3: Arrange knots on parchment paper lined baking sheet (Picture 6). Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 1 hour until the volume doubles.
4: Preheat oven at 350F/175C. Brush rolls with egg wash (Picture 7), sprinkle some mince garlic (Picture 8) and chopped green onion on top. Sprinkle each ¼ tsp parmesan cheese on each knot (Picture 9).
5: Bake at 350F/175C about 16-18 minutes until surface turns golden (Picture 10). Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
1：Store the leftover dinner rolls in an air-tight container in fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in microwave oven for about 15 seconds before serving.