Ultimate Apple Crisp
I love desert made from apples. This ultimate apple crisp is from one of my colleagues. She is a French Canadian and her mom makes great desert. It’s a wonderful desert, tender apple with crunch topping, yummy.
Prepare Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
Serves: 9 servings
1) 4 McIntosh or Spartan apples, peeled, cored and sliced;
2) 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice;
3) 1 cup all purpose flour (160g), ½ cup packed brown sugar (92g), 1 teaspoon ground allspice, 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind;
4) ½ cup cold butter, cubed;
5) ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts.
1: In a 8 inch square dish, arrange apple slices. Sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice, toss gently. Preheat oven at 350F.
2: In a medium bowl, stir together ingredients 3. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut into the butter until well combined and mixture is crumbly.
3: Stir in chopped nuts. Sprinkle topping evenly over apple slices. Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
4: Cool at least 20 minutes, cut into 9 equal piece before serving.