【25-Minute Steamed no egg cake】
This is a Chinese style steamed cake, quick and easy.
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1) ¾ cup Cake&pastry flour (102g);
2) ¾ cup rice flour (86g);
3) 1/3cup fine sugar (70g);
4) 2 tsp baking powder (8g)
5) 1.5 tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk;
6) ¾ cup cold water.
1. Fill the steamer with 4 cups of cold water. Cover the lid and bring to a boil on high heat. Meanwhile, measure ingredients of cake&pastry flour, rice flour (Picture 1), sugar and baking powder in a medium size bowl (Picture 2), mix thoroughly with a fork.
2. Measure condensed milk and cold in a bowl, mix well (Picture 3). Pour liquid to the dry ingredients (Picture 4). Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until all combined, then beat at high speed for 2 minutes until batter is smooth (Picture 5).
3. Pour the batter into 4 medium size cup cake cups (Picture 6).
4. When the water is boiling, place cups on the rack (Picture 7), steam at high heat for 15 minutes.
5. Place steamed cake on a serving plate and serve warm. Yummy!