【Bottle Gourd Stir Fry】
My friend Jane gave me this bottle gourd fresh from her garden, very kind. A simple stir fry can bring out its natural taste.
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 5 servings
1) 600g bottle gourd;
2) 2 long and hot green pepper (70g);
3) 1.5 tbsp tiny dried shrimps;
4) 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 2 tsp freshly minced garlic;
5) 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce;
6) 1/2 tsp sesame oil.
1: Remove seeds of the hot peppers, rinse water and then dice (Picture 1), set aside. Peel off skin of bottle gourd, cut the melons lengthwise in half and scoop out both the seeds and any pith. Cut into 2 mm strips (Picture 2), set aside.
2. Pan on medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, chopped green onion, minced garlic and tiny dried shrimps, saute for 30 seconds. Add sliced bottle gourd (Picture 3), stir fry for 2 minutes.
3: Add all ingredients of Ingredient 5) (Picture 4), continue saute for another 2-3 minutes.
4: Add 1/2 tsp sesame oil, mix well. Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.