【Sweet and Sour Meatballs】
I use extra lean ground turkey to make these sweet and sour meatballs. This tasty and healthy dish can be served over rice.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
1) 275g extra lean ground turkey;
2) 1 tsp cooking wine, 1/3 tsp salt, ¼ tsp sugar, 1 tbsp premium dark soy sauce, ¼ tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp corn starch, 1.5 tbsp water, 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion, ¼ tsp freshly minced ginger;
3) 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 green onion chopped into 1-inch lengths, 2-3 slices of fresh ginger;
4) 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1.5 tbsp sugar, 4 tbsp water, 1/6 tsp salt;
5) 1 tsp corn starch mixed with 1 tbsp water.
1: Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 1) to 2) in a bowl (Picture 1). Stir with a wooden spoon or a pair of chopsticks in one direction for 3 minutes, until it becomes sticky (Picture 2).
2: Fill a medium pot half to two-thirds full with water. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium. Spoon out about 2 tsp meat and shape it in your palm until it forms a ball. Gently drop into the water (Picture 3). Repeat to make all meatballs. Cook until they float to the surface. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
4: Add meatballs to the sauté pan and stir well. Stir in the starch water and cook until the sauce thickens. Transfer meatballs into a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Hi maomao mom, thank you for the great recipe. Can the uncooked meatballs be frozen and cooked later? If so how long can you freeze them for? Thanks!