【Chinese Burrito with Soy Sauce and Spices Braised Beef Shank】
This is another very popular and well loved breakfast dish. My family loves it, you can make it at home. With use of the 【Ropot automatic cooker】, cook the wrap is so easy and achieve perfect golden brown jusing “Pan Fry” function, 2.5 minuts. If you like to have one go to https://www.ropot.ca/, you can use coupon of Maomaomom2016 for $30 off.
Prepare time: 1 hour
Cook time: 6×2.5=15 minutes
Stand time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
Dough for wrap:
1) 1.5 cups unsifted all purpose flour (not sifted, 240g), ½ tsp salt;
2) ½ cup +2 tbsp just boiled water (150g), 3 tbsp cold water;
3) 1/2 tsp avocado oil oil or other cooking oil;
4) 2 tbsp avocado or other cooking oil (25g), 4 tbsp all purpose flour (40g), mix to form oil paste;
5) 500g tsp Soy Sauce and Spices Braised Beef Shank , cut to very fine slices;
6) 2 stalks green onion, roots revoved, rinsed with water and cut to 1 in long thin slices;
7) 5×1 tsp Sweet flour paste;
8) 5×1 tsp avocado oil;
1. Dough: Measure flour and salt in a medium bowl and combine well. Slowly stir in 150g boiling water (Picture 1), and continue to stir while add 50 g cold water until form a sticky dough. Add 1/2 tsp avocado oil, knead the dough for 1 minutes until it forms a smooth ball (Picture 2). Cover with a damp cloth and let it stand for 30 minutes.
2: Mix all ingredients of Ingredient 4) in a small bowl to form oil paste (Picture 3). Gentlely knead the dough a few times on a flour surface, divide into 6 equal portions. Roll out each portion into an oval about 20 cm long. Smooth on 1/6 of oil paste (Picture 4), roll from one end to form a cylinder shape. Turn 90 deg. (Picture 6), press down and roll into an oval about 15 cm long (picture 6). Then roll from one end to form a short cylinder again. Fold both ends to the center and shape with both hands into a ball (Picture 7). Repeat for the next 5 portions, while working cover them with plastic wrap to avoid dough dry out (picture 8).
3. Press down each dough ball and roll out into 20 cm circle. Add 1 tsp oil to the flat bottom inner pot of the RoPot cooker, please the wrap inside it (picture 9). Plugin the RoPot cooker, press the Power button to turn on the cooker, place the flat bottom inner pot inside the machine. Close the lid, press the Function key to select the Pan fry function (default 4 min), when program starts then press – sign to decrease time to 2.5 min.
4: When the program ends, open the lid, remove the pot and transfer cooked wrap to a plate. Smooth on 1 tsp sweet flour paste (pictures 9-10). Place about 80 g sliced beef and some green onion slices (picture 12). Roll it tightly, cut into 4 pieces (picture 13). Repeat for the remaining portions, sever warm.