【AirGo- Braised Enoki & Frozen Tofu】
Frozen tofu and Enoki mushroom are a perfect couple, because frozen tofu absorbs delicious sauce, very healthy and tasty dish. I use AirGo’s “Air Fryer” function to make this dish, pretty good results. To purchase go to: AirGo cooker, with a coupon of maomao25 for $25 off.
Cook time: 12 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
1) 775g tofu, in freezer overnigh and thaw next day;
2) 75g extra lean ground pork, 1 tbsp premium dark soy, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1/2 tsp corn starch;
3) 1 package Enoki mushroom (200g);
4) 1 tbsp avocado oil or other cooking oil, 1 tbsp chopped green onion, 2 tsp minced garlic;
5) 3/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp ground white pepper;
6) ¼ tsp chicken broth mix, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce;
7) 1 tsp sesame sauce.
1: Combine all ingredients of Ingredient 2) in a bowl. Stir with a pair of chopsticks in one direction for about 1-2 minutes, until it becomes sticky (picture 1), set aside. Cut off the roots of Enoki mushrooms, rinse with cold water and drain. Cut tofu into 1 cm cubes (picture 2).
2: Plugin the 【AirGo】cooker, use “Function” to select the “Air Fryer” program, set temperature to 420F and time to 12 min. press “start” to initiate the program. Open the lid, add 1 tbsp oil, chopped green onion, minced garlic and ground pork, stir a few times (picture 3), then close the lid.
3: After cooking about 1-2 minutes, open the lid, add tofu, salt and ground white pepper, stir a few times (picture 4) and then close the lid, let the program continue.
4: When only 4-5 min cooking time left (or upon when beeping), open the lid, add Enoki and all ingredients of Ingredient 6) (picture 5) stir a few time (picture 6), close the lid and let the program to finish.
5: When the program ends, open the lid, add 1 tsp sesame oil and stir to mix. Transfer cooked tofu to a serving plate and serve warm with steamed rice.