【Braised noodles with long beans and pork】
This is one of my childhood most memorable dishes, I made this for dinner. Both my son and my husband loved it.
Meal type: Main dish
Prepare time: 1 hour
Cook time: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
1) 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour (320g);
2) 1 extra large egg +cold to total 2/3 cup (160g);
3) 420g pork center loin, ½ tsp salt, 2 tsp dark soy sauce, 2 tsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp corn starch, 3 tbsp water;
4) 450g long beans,
5) 10-15 medium size dried shrimps, 8 small dried Chinese mushrooms, 5g dried black wood ear;
6) 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 green onion, rinsed and chopped into 4 cm long pieces, 5g ginger sliced;
7) 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 2/3 tsp salt, 1/6 tsp thirteen spice powder or white pepper powder, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix, 1.5 cups cold water;
1: A day ahead, slice pork tenderloin then cut into shreds. Add the rest of ingredients of Ingredient 3) (Picture 1), rub with your fingers for 1-2 minutes then set aside for 20 minutes (Picture 2). It will taste better if the pork meat is marinated overnight in fridge.
2: A few hours ahead, soak dried shrimps in cold water (Picture 3) until soft, drain and set aside. Soak dried mushrooms and black wood ear in cold water (Picture 4) until soft, rinse, drain and set aside. Wash and cut long beans into 1-inch long pieces.
3: Noodles: Measure out flour into a medium sized bowl. Beat egg and water (Picture 5) to fully mix, then pour the egg and water to the flour, stir with a fork until it is combined (Picture 6). Knead to form dough (Picture 7). Divide the dough into 4 equal portions, roll each portion and flat it to pass the paste machine a few times with increasing settings. Then cut to fine noodles (Picture 8), set aside
4: In anon-stick sauté pan add 2 tbsp oil over high heat, add marinated pork shreds, sauté the pork shreds until outside turns white (Picture 9). Transfer cooked pork shreds onto a plate. Same sauté pan, on medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp oil and add soaked and drained shrimps, chopped green onion and sliced ginger (Picture 10) sauté for 60 seconds. Add black wood ear and sliced mushrooms and sauté for 30 seconds (Picture 11), add long beans (Picture 12) and stir and cook for a minute.
5: Add all ingredients of Ingredient 7) (Picture 13), mix well. Then add noodles on top (Picture 14). Cover with lid and reduce to medium heat and cook for 10 minutes (Picture 15). Stir noodles well to mix, cover with lid and cook for additional 3-5 minutes until sauce almost evaporates.
6: Add precooked pork shreds (Picture 16), mix well. Cover with lid and cook for additional 2 minutes. Serve this noodle dish immediately, very yummy.