【Chinese Chives Tofu and Eggs Stir Fry】
One of my best girlfriends gave me some Chinese chives from her garden, very kind. I made this Chinese Chives Tofu and Eggs Stir Fry with firm tofu (from Costco), 4 egg whites and one egg yolk, a high protein, healthy and tasty dish.
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
1) 150g Chinese chives;
2) 1 package Firm Tofu (you can get it from Costco), 400g;
3) 4 large eggs (only use 1 egg yolk), 1/3 tsp salt, 1/6 tsp chicken broth mix;
4) 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tsp freshly minced garlic;
5) 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, ¼ cup water;
6) 1/2 tsp sesame oil.
1: Wash Chinese chives, drain and chop 0.5 cm long pieces (Picture 1). Rinse tofu and dice into 0.6 cm cubes (Picture 2). In a medium size bowl, add eggs (only keep one yolk) and all other ingredients of Ingredient 3) (Picture 3), beat well.
2. A non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat, add 2 tsp oil, chopped green onion and minced garlic (Picture 4) and sauté for 30 seconds. Add diced tofu (Picture 5), sauté for 2 minutes (Picture 6).
3: Add all ingredients of Ingredient 5) (Picture 7), reduce to low heat, cover with the lid and simmer for 2 minutes. Increase to medium heat, open the lid and cook until water evaporated (Picture 8).
4: Add chopped chives and stir to mix. Pour beaten egg mixture over (Picture 9), continue cook for 1-2 minutes and gently stir a few times until eggs just start to solidify (Picture 10). Add 1 tsp sesame oil, mix well. Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.