【Curried Shrimp and Rice Stir-Fry】
Maomao brings the same stir-fry rice with frozen vegetables to school for the last a couple years. He is no longer fond of it. I made this curried shrimp and rice stir-fry for a change. Surprisingly, he loved it so much that he asked me to make it every week.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Stand time 20 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
1) 300 ml rice, 360ml water;
2) 200g frozen peeled and deveined white shrimp, ¼ tsp salt, 1 tsp corn starch;
3) 1 extra large egg, 1/8 tsp salt, 1 tsp olive oil;
4) ½ medium purple onion (85g),diced;
5) ½ cup frozen green peas, ½ cup frozen corn;
6) 4.5 tsp olive oil, 1.5 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tsp minced ginger, 1 tsp curry powder;
7) 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp chicken broth mix.
1: In a small sauce pot, bring 360 ml water to a boil. Add 300 ml rice, stir and cover with lid. Cook on low heat for 35 minutes. Store the cooked rice in fridge overnight.
2: Rinse shrimp under cold water and drain well. Marinate shrimp with salt and corn starch of Ingredient 2) in a bowl (Picture 1), set aside for 20 minutes.
3: Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Beat one egg with 1/8 tsp salt and stir fry for 1-2 minutes (Picture 2), set aside.
5: Heat 2 tsp olive oil in the same pan over high heat. Sauté chopped green onion and minced ginger for a minute (Picture 4). Add the diced onion and 1 tsp curry powder and sauté for another minute (Picture 5).
6: Heat frozen green peas and corn in microwave oven for 2 minutes.
7: Add rice, stir and cook until rice becomes soft (Picture 6). Stir in all ingredients of Ingredient 7). Add green peas and corn (Picture 7), stir and cook for a minute. Add cooked shrimp and eggs (Picture 8), stir and cook for another minute then remove from heat. Sprinkle finely chopped green onion before serving.