【Sliced Almond Candy】
Another perfect party dish for your holiday get-together. It is very crunchy and delicious.
Meal type: Dessert
Prepare time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
1) Sliced almonds 160g;
2) 35g maltose, 40 sugar, 1 tbsp water, ¼ tsp salt;
3) 15g roasted white sesame seeds.
1. Preheat oven to 330F /165C. Line a 13×18 in baking sheet with parchment paper, spread out almond slices on the baking sheet (Picture 1), bake for 8-10 minutes until almond slices light brown. Keep them warm.
2. While the almond slices are baking, add all ingredients of Ingredient 2) to a medium size sauce pan (Picture 2), bring to boil on medium-low heat (Picture 3). Reduce heat to low, stir and cook for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add roasted sesame seeds to a medium size bowl (Picture 4), add baked sliced almonds (Picture 5), and mix well.
4. Pour the almond slides and sesame seeds into the melted sugar (Picture 6). Stir to mix (Picture 7), until all almond slices are evenly coated.
5. Spread the mixture onto the oiled 22×22 cm size baking dish and press down evenly (Picture 8).
6. Cut into 2x4cm size pieces, cool and serve.