【Osmanthus and fermented rice steamed cake】
This is a type of Chinese style steamed cake, made from flour, fermented sweet rice and dry osmanthus.
Prepare time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Stand time: 3 hours
Yield: 12 servings
1) 2 cups all purpose flour (320g), 3 tbsp sugar (45g), 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp dry Osmanthus;
2) 195g lukewarm water, 1 tsp sugar, 1.5 tsp fast rising yeast , 1 tsp all purpose flour;
3) 85g fermented sweet rice;
4) 1 tsp corn oil.
Others: one bamboo steamer.
1. Measure ingredients of Ingredient 1) in a medium size bowl (Picture 1), mix thoroughly with a fork. Measure all ingredients of Ingredient 2 in a 2 cup measuring cup, mix well and let it stand for 10 minutes.
2. Pour liquid to the dry ingredients (Picture 2), combine to form sticky dough. Add 1 tsp corn oil (Picture 3), then knead for a minute (Picture 4). Cover with a damp cloth and set aside in a warm place until it doubles in volume.
3. When the dough rises and doubles in volume, gently knead the dough for a few times and form a ball. Press down (Picture 5) and roll out the dough into a 20cm circle. Line a 9 inch bamboo steamer with wet cheese cloth and place in the roll out dough (Picture 6).
4. Fill the steamer with 4 cups of warm water, place a rack inside and then place the bamboo steamer on it, cover with the lid (Picture 7) and let it stand for about 1-2 hours until the cake double in size (Picture 8).
5. Place the steamer over the stove at high heat and bring to a boil, steam for 30 minutes at high heat. Then steam for 2 minutes over medium heat and another 2 minutes over low heat. Remove the steamer from heat, wait for 2 minutes then open the lid. Remove the cheese cloth, cut the cake into 12 pieces and serve warm. Yummy!!
毛毛妈 ，你好。想试做这个糕点。但手上只有糖桂花（液体），能替代干桂花吗？ 谢谢！
Thanks for the website and sharing all the delicious recipes. This is my first time making this steam cake. I have a couple questions wondering if you can help to clarify.
1) The ingredients list is showing 2 tsp corn oil, but in the directions is saids 1 tsp corn oil, when and where is the rest of tsp oil being used?
2) At which step should I add the ingredient 3, sweet fermented rice?
Thanks and your help is appreciated
Sorry, it should be 1 tsp. when you form a dough add it.