This is another very popular and well loved breakfast dish. You can make them at home. With use of the 【Ropot automatic cooker】, you can achieve perfect golden brown colour of the pockets by using “Pan fry” function, 2.5 minuts one side and 2 minutes the other side. If you like to have one go to https://www.ropot.com , you can use coupon of Maomaomom2016 for $30 off.
Prepare time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Stand time: 20 minutes
Serves: 7 servings
Dough for wrap:
1) 2 cups unsifted all purpose flour (not sifted, 320g);
2) ¾ cup just boiled water (180g), 1/3 cup cold water (80g);
3) 1 tsp avocado oil or other cooking oil;
4) 3 tbsp avocado or other cooking oil (37.5g), ¼ cup all purpose flour (60g), mix to form oil paste;
5) 80g dried Boletus mushroom, 20 small size dried Chinese mushroom;
6) 50g mung bean vermicelli;
7) 2 extra large eggs, 1/3 tsp salt, 2 tsp water, combine and beat well;
8) 2 tbsp cooking oil, 3 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1/3 tsp ground Sichuan peppercorn;
9) 1.5 tsp salt, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce;
10) 1 tbsp sesame oil;
11) 7×2 tsp cooking oil;
1. Dough: Measure flour in a medium bowl, slowly stir in 180g boiling water (Picture 1), and continue to stir while add 60 g cold water until form a sticky dough (Picture 2). Add 1 tsp avocado oil or other cooking oil, knead the dough for 1 minutes until it forms a smooth ball (Picture 3). Cover with a damp cloth and let it stand for 30 minutes.
2: A few hours ahead, soak mushrooms in cold water until soft, wash, drain, cut into small pieces and set aside (Picture 4). Soak mung bean vermicelli in boiling water for a few minutes, drain, cut into small pieces and set aside.
3: Power up the Ropot cooker. Add 1 tbsp Avocado oil, pour in beat eggs (Picture 5). Close the lid, press Function to select Stir fry function. After 3 seconds the program starts, press – to decrease time to 1.5 minutes. When program ends, open the lid (Picture 5) and take out cooked egg and then dice, set aside.
4: Add 1 tbsp oil to the pot, add all ingredients of Ingredient 8) (Picture 7). Close the lid, press Function to select Stir fry function. After 3 seconds the program starts, when 2 minutes left, open the lid, add diced mushroom, close the lid and let the program to continue.
5: When program ends, open the lid; add chopped vermicelli (Picture 8) and all ingredients of Ingredient 9). Press Function to select Stir fry again. Transfer cooked mushroom and vermicelli to a medium size bowl, add previously cooked and diced eggs and 1 tbsp sesame oil, gentle mix well (Picture 9), set aside.
6. Gently knead the dough a few times on a flour surface and form a log, press down and roll out into 3 mm thick rectangular. Spread the oil paste evenly (Picture 10), roll from bottom to the top to form a cylinder shape, cut into 14 equal portions (Picture 11).
7. Take one portion, fold both ends to the center and shape with both hands into a ball, while working cover them with plastic wrap to avoid dough dry out. Press down and roll out into 15 cm circle. Place 2-3 tablespoon filling on the wrapper (Picture 13). Fold over and press to seal the edges (Picture 14). Repeat with the remaining dough and filling.
8. Plugin the RoPot cooker, press the Power button to turn on the cooker, place the flat bottom inner pot inside the machine. Add 2 tsp oil and two pockets (Picture 15), close the lid, press the Function key to select the Pan fry function (default 4 min), when program starts then press – sign to decrease time to 2.5 min.
9: When the program ends, open the lid, turn over the pockets, select the Pan Fry function again and decrease time to 2 minutes (picture 16) to cook the other side. When it is done, take out the pockets and serve immediately. Repeat for the remaining portions, sever warm.