【Eggplant and shrimp Stir Fry in fermented soy bean sauce】
Yes, eggplant and shrimp stir fry in fermented bean curd sauce, very delicious. It goes so well with some steamed rice.
Prepare time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
1) 30 frozen medium size white shrimp, ½ tsp salt, 1/8 tsp finely ground white pepper, 1 tsp corn starch, 1/2 tsp sesame oil;
2) 4 Chinese eggplants (430g);
3) 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp freshly chopped green onion, 1 tbsp minced garlic;
4) 1 tbsp fermented soy bean paste, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp premium soy sauce, 1/6 tsp Chinese thirteen spices, 1/6 tsp chicken broth mix;
5) 1/2 tsp sesame oil.
1: Soak frozen shrimps in cold water to defrost. Peel and devein the shrimp, rinse under cold water and drain well. Place shrimps in a bowl, add the rest ingredients in Ingredient 1, mix well (Picture 1) and set aside for 20 minutes. Trim stem off from the eggplant. Rinse and cut each eggplant across into 3 equal lengths, then cut lengthwise into quarters. Soak in salted water until ready to cook. This removes the bitterness and prevents eggplant from soaking up too much oil during cooking.
2: Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat, Sauté shrimp for 1-2 minutes until shrimp (Picture 2) just cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3: Add 1 tbsp oil in the same pan, medium heat, and sauté chopped green onion and minced garlic for 30 seconds. Add the eggplant pieces and sauté for 1-2 minutes (Picture 3). Reduce heat to medium-small heat, add chilli soy bean paste, stir and cook for 1 minute.
4) Add all ingredients of Ingredient 4), continue stir and cook for about 1-2 minutes, until the eggplant becomes tender (Picture 4).
5: Add cooked shrimps and 1/2 tsp sesame oil, stir to mix. Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately.